Chief Engineer Interior
- Main task is the development of Interior Components from pre-concept to life cycle management.
- Plan the process, detail planning costs and implementation timing for released CAD drawings to ensure detailed understanding of how a part will be manufactured, jigs and tooling defined, costs detailed, implementation plan available.
- Production preparation and quality achievement.
- Provide technical support and process assistance with project stakeholder, supplier and manufacturing, as required.
- Manage performance, technology, timing and cost benchmarking.
- Colour, Gloss & Grain management.
- Attend formal design reviews as appropriate to provide guidance related to a particular project.
- Monitor on going adherence of overall vehicle compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Report to Complete Vehicle Lead any non-conforming regulatory issues and provide solutions.
- Work as an active member of the Engineering team, ensure effective communication between colleagues and positive contribute to meetings and briefings.
Skills & Experience
- 7 years' experience in automotive with a manufacturing, OEM or tier 1 supplier.
- Previous experience of Interior Components within a high performance automotive or motorsport environment.
- Previous experience of building prototypes of components and testing their performance, weaknesses and safety.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time, taking into consideration legislative regulations and changes and budgetary demands.
- You will have expert knowledge of current & future parts, supplier performance and technologies, within your subject area.
- A proactive mind-set is a must, and you must be able to work in a cross-functional and data driven environment.
- Excellent communicator capable of establishing solid, professional relationships and credibility to engage with senior stakeholders
- Qualified to degree / diploma / HND level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive IT skills (Microsoft).