Aftersales Parts Manager
The “Aftersales Parts Supply Manager” will be responsible for managing, controlling and maintaining resources, stock and equipment, whilst providing the required availability to meet our customer requirements across the globe. Set up and full accountability of all elements of the supply chain and its operation; including promoting and working on continuous improvement and enhanced performance in aspects of parts supply and management.
- Responsible for shaping the direction of supply worldwide, distribution modelling and availability objectives.
- Responsible for effective planning, implementation and monitoring of departmental performance to achieve the operational business plan associated with the department.
- To develop and manage the overall parts strategy through effective system driven activities, whilst ensuring there is required plans for future growth and expansion.
- Lead the distribution model from concept to operational delivery with key indicators to ascertain performance statistics, trends and areas for improvement.
- Key input into budgeting / forecasting model to enhance Aftersales satisfaction, delivery and profitability as required.
- To assist in the management of all parts functions, ensuring that they are performing efficiently and productively in line with the company objectives.
- To produce and deliver accurate, regular reporting along with required forecasting to ensure key customer metrics are achieved.
- To evaluate the key performance measures of a smooth-running parts operation and ensure relevant training is provided and available as required.
- To assist and develop departmental administrative functions and ensure their timely and accurate operation in line with agreed group requirements.
- Work with supply chain internally to help evaluate additional 3rd party suppliers to the business to ensure they meet the requirements needed. Ensure that Key performance indicators are understood with ability to achieve them.
- Agree and implement a parts control processes and procedures across the whole business in relation to stock held.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of key Company objectives and goals.
- University Degree in a related topic or equivalent
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent financial awareness
- Strong leadership skills and management ability
- Able to deliver against pre-determined targets and objectives
- Significant industry knowledge and awareness of parts logistical operations
- Ability to analyse numerical reporting along with stock file planning and knowledge
- Global and international distribution understanding including legislation, cost implications, etc.
- Experience of managing continual change and improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills; must possess good verbal and written communications skills and be capable of establishing solid, professional relationships and credibility to engage with customers
- Able to translate strategic requirements into day to day actions
- Ability to understand the requirements of the business and apply a parts-based solution for the overall benefit of the business
- Ability to anticipate business opportunities and create innovative solutions
- Some travel will be required.