Chief Engineer Chassis
The Chief Engineer Chassis will be responsible for supporting the design, release and launch of the rolling chassis product lines. Lead the business development, proposal and project delivery activities, specifically within rolling chassis, including technical specifications, design standards and product testing.
- Primary task and objective is to lead development of the rolling chassis from pre-concept to life cycle management
- Plan the process, detail planning costs and implementation timing for released CAD drawings to ensure detailed understanding of how a part will be manufactured, jigs and tooling defined, costs detailed, implementation plan available
- Support and work with the Design, Project and Programme partners to ensure that all related chassis components are on time, target and delivered
- Manage and deliver production preparation and quality achievement
- Monitor and ensure documentation for all chassis related components are maintained and updated as necessary in accordance with regulations and directives
- Ensure together with the safety and homologation manager that all chassis related safety and legal requirements are full filled with exception of exhaust gas emission related points.
- Attend formal design and technical reviews as appropriate to provide guidance related to a particular project
- Carry out chassis quality and process assessments as determined and necessary
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years' experience in automotive engineering with a manufacturing, OEM or first tier 1 supplier.
- Previous experience of Chassis/Driveline Engineering within a high performance automotive or motorsport environment.
- Experience in chassis engineering, including technical specifications, design standards and product testing.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time, taking into consideration legislative regulations and changes and budgetary demands.
- You will have expert knowledge of current & future parts, supplier performance and technologies, within your subject area.
- A proactive mind-set is a must, and you must be able to work in a cross-functional and data driven environment.
INEOS Automotive offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits and bonus package.